Job ID 21092
Sector Data Science
Senior Data Scientist
The role forms part of the Data Science team responsible for developing new prediction, simulation, optimisation and AI capabilities that will help transform easyJet into the world’s most data driven airline. The team is made up of a very diverse group of Data Scientists working collaboratively to develop bespoke solutions to complex, yet interesting business problems.
The Data Science team is an integral part of the wider Data team, which also includes Data Analytics and Data Management teams, and is closely integrated with the IT team, especially in areas of Demand Management, Data Engineering and Service Delivery.
The team works closely with a growing number of internal stakeholders across easyJet on multiple transformation projects. The team also works in partnership with a select few external stakeholders who augment our capabilities such as Algorithm support.
This role reports into a Lead Data Scientist
- Successfully delivering Data Science projects with minimal support from senior team members providing decision recommendations that fulfil business requirements and enhance existing and new business processes
- Demonstrable experience of participating in the majority of the Data Science Project Lifecycle utilising an intermediate knowledge level of the Data Science Toolbox such as ML and narrow AI techniques.
- Familiar with using Big Data and Cloud environments and the common Data Science toolset with a good analytical background, with an MSc in a scientific/engineering field (Statistics, Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences) or an equivalent commercial experience.
- Line managing a small team of junior Data Scientists
- Specialist Track: Starting to develop a sufficiently broad area of specialism: (e.g. a Technical area such as Optimisation, or a Business area such as Revenue Management), and become a valued and trusted expert within the Data Science team.
- Have an advanced knowledge level of the Data Science Toolbox i.e. the fundamentals of Mathematics and Statistics, python, Exploratory Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Big Data technologies. Experience in Natural Language Processing or Optimisation or Deep Learning is a plus.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing scalable machine learning solutions into production environments.
- Ability to translate business problems into data-driven solutions.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and business stakeholders.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 7% pension
- Life Insurance
- Work Away Scheme
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
At easyJet our aim is to make low-cost travel easy – connecting people to what they value using Europe’s best airline network, great value fares, and friendly service.
It takes a real team effort to carry over 90 million passengers a year across 35 countries. Whether you’re working as part of our front-line operations or in our corporate functions, you’ll find people that are positive, inclusive, ready to take on a challenge, and that have your back. We call that our ‘Orange Spirit’, and we hope you’ll share that too.
Complete your application on our careers site.
We encourage individuality, empower our people to seize the initiative, and never stop learning. We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates.