Job ID 21096
Sector Data Science
- Additional leave
- Car scheme
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
Leonardo is one of top ten largest defence companies globally, we make everything from helicopters to radios and have significant technological investment and products across Defence, Transport, Energy, Aerospace, Space and Manufacturing.
The Leonardo Cyber & Security Division, one of the three divisions in Leonardo UK, is a pivotal innovator, helping customers deliver and secure their digital transformation. The Cyber & Security Division is at the forefront of supplying technology and services for both civil and defence markets, in both the UK and around the world, to enhance the capabilities of its Customers. Within the Cyber & Security Division is our Data Practice which is where this role is positioned.
Leonardo’s Data practice works across a diverse array of sectors including Defence, Telecommunications, Energy and Finance to help secure national infrastructure in the UK and beyond.
This is a highly rewarding and hands on role with exposure across both traditional and cutting edge enterprise IT as well as bespoke Operational Technology systems. You will be working in a dynamic environment with a team that is motivated to deliver innovative solutions to customers within defence, government and commercial sectors. We are after creative, passionate, technically savvy and personable people to help grow our practice and solve some of the most challenging, exciting and critical challenges to the UK’s digital landscape.
What you’ll do as a Principal Data Scientist:
- Lead on the continual development of Automation, Orchestration and Machine Learning capabilities
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Lead the end-to-end development of predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Coach/mentor junior members of the team
What we need from you:
- UK DV Clearance or the ability obtain it (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels)
- Excellent data science and analytics experience
• Strong knowledge in advanced analytics methods• Strong knowledge across statistical models, machine learning and AI algorithms
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, R, SQL
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Ability to communicate complicated technical and analytical information to a nontechnical audience
- A degree in Computer science, Statistics, Data Science or equivalent field would be advantageous but is not essential
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people’s full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo’s future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
GB – Bristol – Coldharbour Lane