Job ID 21054
Sector Data Science
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our Divergent Solutions business develops creative, innovative, next generation cloud, cyber, data and digital solutions. Delivering mission critical solutions across the Defence and Intelligence communities, providing data, cyber and innovation expertise as well as developing secure solutions across for Critical National Infrastructure and Nuclear markets.
Offering a full spectrum of security engineering activities to support the design, development, integration, delivery, and in-service support of complex technical projects, our team aim to address risks, and support secure and resilient digital transformation across information and operational technology environments.
We are expanding Jacob’s position to be part of our client’s global digital ecosystem through revolutionising next generation solutions. Offering our platform of product to our client, in addition to software enabled solutions thought software as a service & data as a service.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions. On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
As a Graduate Data Scientist/Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to a range of digital and innovation work from a range of capabilities that might include; Software and Data-Centric Solutions, Modelling & Simulation, Data Engineering, Data Science, Systems Engineering, Business Analysis, IT Modernisation and Transformation, Physical and Cyber Resiliency/Cyber Security, Agile.
We have opportunities in Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Be working towards a relevant Degree or Masters level qualification in Maths, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science etc.
- Ability to demonstrate experience manipulating data, likely leveraging python, and understanding of cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- A desire to solve problems, with a technical aptitude.
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward.
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things.
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
Apply before October 31st, 2023, for your application to be considered in the first assessment window. You can still apply after this date if the role remains open to applications. However, you do so with the knowledge that we may not proceed with your application if the role is filled in the first assessment window.
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others.
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service.
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks.
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network.
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us, and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
#EarlyCareersUK #GraduateUK #GraduateJob2024 #GraduateCareersUK #GraduaterecruitmentUK #GraduateJobsUK #GraduateopportunitiesUK #GradsDVS #GradsGlasgow #GradsManchester #GradsLeeds