Job ID 21194
Sector Data Science
Founded more than 15 years ago and headquartered in Chicago, the DV Group of financial services firms has grown to more than 350 people operating throughout North America and in Europe. Since spinning out of a large brokerage firm in 2016, DV Trading has rapidly scaled as an independent proprietary trading firm utilizing its own capital, trading strategies, and risk management methodologies to provide liquidity to worldwide financial markets and hedging opportunities to commodity producers and users. Now, DV group affiliates include two broker dealers, a cryptocurrency market making firm, and a bourgeoning investment adviser.
We are looking for a recent graduate to help solve complex problems within our event driven and index rebalancing trading team. You will spend your days building datasets and researching signals and trades. You will gain experience with equities trading strategies and convert data into actionable insights for our trading strategies. Our small team of professionals will provide you with an environment that encourages you to flex your creative thinking abilities and will allow you to quickly take on responsibilities. You will become one of the cornerstones of the team very rapidly.
- Create and clean new data sources
- Analyze large data sets of historical market data
- Research trading signals
- Create new tools and visualizations to help streamline your research
- Create, track, and analyze key performance indicators
- Participate to trading strategies implementation
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or other scientific disciplines
- Exceptional mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Experience in solving data-intensive problems
- Programming proficiency in Python
- Demonstrated ability to use AI apis a plus
- Demonstrated ability to complete statistical or applied mathematical research is a plus
- Prior experience in a quantitative role within a trading environment is a plus
- Self-motivated and highly productive, with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Willing to take ownership of one’s work, working both independently and within a small team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple threads of work
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
DV is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with DV should submit resumes in response to DV’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to DV via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of DV, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DV. DV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.