Job ID 21059
Sector Data Science
Hi! we’re cinch, a fresh kind of service that makes life easier for motorists. We know what drivers want, so we’ve ripped up the rule book to make sure they get it, faff-free!
Our mission – It’s simple, to take out all the irritations and hold-ups that make changing cars trickier than it needs to be.
Location – hybrid, occasional travel to various cinch sites as required with Manchester as primary location
You – So, do you have a faff-free filter? Do you want to work in an energetic team, with open-mindedness and passion? We’re looking for people who are agile, full of ideas and want to challenge the norm.
what you’ll be working on
The Data Scientist role sits in our role within the award winning (DataIQ – best place to work in data 2023) cinch Decision Intelligence function. The successful candidate will have a relentless passion for delivering impactful data science models with the following core responsibilities;
- Develop and embed “best in class” Data Science models, enabling the end users to make commercially optimal decisions across different business areas throughout cinch
- Be the expert for the data science delivery on a range of projects including price optimisation and stock selection, empowering the business to leverage data science assets
- Liaise with Data Engineering & MLOps Team to guide the deployment and productionisation of Machine Learning models, providing recommendations for enhancements to the deployment framework
- Work individually and collaboratively with other members within cinch Decision Intelligence and other Data Scientists within the Constellation Automotive Group, leveraging group wide assets to develop data science solutions relevant to cinch
- Pro-actively identify new opportunities to extract complex information using ML techniques maximising the power of data, in order to unlock competitive advantage for cinch
- Build strong, open & trusting working relationships with key stakeholders, working with them to ensure data science solutions are delivered in-line with the requirements, enabling them to leverage the value of cinch’s data, putting the customer at the heart of cinch’s ambitions to deliver a “faff free” experience.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in advanced machine learning methods and share / implement knowledge acquired to drive continuous improvement
skills and expertise
- The ideal candidate must possess a broad, and in places, deep technical knowledge and ‘hands on’ experience of machine learning & statistical techniques, e.g.; tree-based ensemble models, reinforcement learning, optimisation methods etc
- Few years of demonstrable experience in developing, monitoring and maintaining machine learning models in production
- Experience with statistical languages (preferably python), familiarity working with SQL databases and version control systems, e.g. GitHub or other tools
- Passionate about data science with strong communication skills. Be able to explain the model implications and provide actionable insights to technical & non-technical stakeholders in a concise, easy-to-understand way in order to enact change
- A self-starter, you enjoy solving problems. Can demonstrate & adopt a pro-active approach and take initiative with minimal supervision / guidance. Able to work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Strong stakeholder management, you are able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent time management & workload prioritisation in a dynamic environment. Sets clear boundaries for stakeholders and can plan forward to ensure that business expectations and objectives are can be managed and met.
- Strong attention to detail and a curious mindset to try innovative
- A subject matter expert who can link requirements to a business objective understanding the impact of change.
If you can’t tick off all the “skills” but are passionate about Data Science and want to chat about how you might fit in – we want to hear from you!