Job ID 21028
Sector Data Science
Data Science Jobs
- Car scheme
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
At NEOM McLaren Electric Racing, our ambition is to win races and championships. We love the challenge of competing against the best, pushing the limits of performance and technology, while inspiring our people to pursue innovation and unlock their potential in the ever-growing world of motorsport.
McLaren Racing’s entry in Extreme E and Formula E aims to accelerate McLaren Racing’s sustainability journey and reach a new, more diverse global audience and workforce. Based on the unique Bicester Heritage site, the Extreme E and Formula E teams combined are known as NEOM McLaren Electric Racing.
Purpose of the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate to join our Data Science team within Extreme E for a period of 12 months. This placement will see you contribute to our performance and provide a unique opportunity to see how Electric Racing works.
- Delivering projects within the Data Science group that will directly impact on-track performance.
- Responsibility for specific projects, with guidance and support from experienced team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Studying towards a degree in either Data Science, Computer Science or programming.
- General computing skills and software knowledge appropriate to the role. e.g. a prior knowledge of Python and Git.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices would be beneficial.
- A practical mindedness and a passion for being a team player.
- Proactivity and an aptitude for picking up skills and methods quickly.
- The ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints (with support provided to develop towards this point).
- The ability to learn and develop skills on the job, as well as to apply existing skills to new types of problems.
- Good communication and organisational skills to work effectively as part of a close-knit team, with shared responsibilities.
- Volunteering or work experience that displays transferable skills to the internship.
- The closing date for this role will be Monday 16th October, we cannot accept any applications after this time.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
NEOM McLaren Electric Racing is based at the Bicester Heritage site on the edge of Bicester. There are multiple lunch options all within a walkable distance as well as on-site kitchen facilities, indoor and outdoor break-out areas. The site is 1 mile from Bicester North Train Station with regular trains from London and Birmingham.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.