Job ID 22236
Sector Data Science
Transformation Data Scientist
Location: Paddington or Slough + Hybrid (50%)
Salary: £55,000-£70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
As a Transformational Data Scientist, you will be responsible for pushing the boundaries of data science, exploring new methodologies, and advocating the adoption of cutting-edge technologies. Your expertise and visionary approach will enable us to revolutionize our supply chain operations and unlock new opportunities for growth and optimization.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Contribute to transformative projects that redefine our approach to data science and analytics in the supply chain domain.
- Identify and evaluate emerging trends, techniques, and technologies in data science, machine learning, and supply chain analytics, and assess their potential for transformative impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities and design innovative solutions using advanced data science methodologies.
- Develop and deploy state-of-the-art models, algorithms, and tools to extract actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Drive the development and implementation of advanced analytics capabilities, including predictive and prescriptive modelling, optimization, simulation, and artificial intelligence.
- Act as a thought guide, promoting a culture of innovation, insights-focused choice-shaping, and continuous improvement within the Supply Chain Data & Analytics (SCDA) team and across the organization.
- Communicate complex concepts and technical findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders clearly and compellingly.
- Assist the Supply Chain Data & Analytics (SCDA) Science organization with ongoing projects and help steer the adoption of new infrastructure when appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in data science, statistical analysis, optimization, and machine learning techniques.
- Proficiency with Python including familiarity with packages and frameworks for data manipulation and analysis (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn).
- Experience with data visualization tools such as matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly Dash.
- Familiarity with SQL for data extraction and manipulation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to translate business opportunities into data science problems.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Good communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and present findings to stakeholders.
- Proven experience in an Applied Data Science role or equivalent, and overall, extensive experience, ideally within the CPG, Consumer Products, Retail, Telecom, or Financial Services industries.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose-driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.