Job ID 21884
Sector Data Science
Senior Data Scientist
Since Watchfinder & Co. was first founded in 2002, it has grown to become the premier resource from which to buy and sell premium pre-owned watches. With thousands of watches available from more than 50 brands, including Rolex, Omega, IWC and more, plus boutiques across the UK and a manufacturer certified service centre, Watchfinder has established itself as the top pre-owned watch specialist.
We are looking for a Data Scientist, preferable experienced on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Modern Data Stack concepts, cloud data warehouses, and other tools to join our growing team of data and analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for creating and improving data & analytics products to support in the decision-making process for strategic and operational matters, and process performance monitoring, using concepts and tools of data science, machine learning, hypothesis tests, data mining, business intelligence, and statistical modelling methodologies. The person will work collaboratively with the other Data Team members of Engineers, Scientists, Analysts and our Development and Technology teams.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong orientation towards understanding and optimizing business processes and insights. They should be adept at engaging with various business areas, effectively comprehending their unique needs, and aligning these requirements to develop the scope for analytics products. This involves a keen ability to gather requirements and organise them into an appropriate project planning using Agile methodologies. The candidate should be skilled in collaborating with team colleagues and managers, ensuring a cohesive and efficient workflow. By bridging the gap between business understanding and analytics product development, this individual will play an important role in driving analytics projects and contributing to the overall growth and effectiveness of the team.
How will you make an impact?
- Collaborate in cross-functional (Data, Dev/Tech, and Business) teams and share ideas to solve complex business problems through data.
- Keep a close relationship and open communication channel with many different business process owners, understanding their needs and supporting them in the continuous improvement of routines, internal processes, and customer experience.
- Collect data, transform accordingly, and create datasets from the available data into Watchfinder databases and data warehouse to produce analytical data products to be used in the data science projects and/or business reports/dashboards; also supporting on identifying new data sources we could ingest to our data warehouse for new analysis.
- Data-modelling in cloud data warehouse to enable consumption by business users in self-service BI paradigm.
- Manage and organise work through agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and Git version control and CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide support on leading and managing the Data team projects, with consultative approach on technologies and methodologies to address the requirements.
How will you experience success with us?
- Degree in quantitative or social sciences area (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or similar) and an appreciation of analytics and statistics.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) and Python with common libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, etc. Virtual environments, packaging and dependency management would also be appreciated.
- Combining different data sources (from different applications) for data parsing, cleansing, joining transformation skills.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to translate technical complexity in a simple way for non-technical people (writing, face-to-face discussions and on conference calls), write project evaluations, pitch ideas effectively and persuasively to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Be proactive and concerned to detect, manage and workaround data quality issues to assure reliable and high-quality datasets.
- Experience and understanding of main machine learning concepts and algorithms – deep learning for image processing and object detection and classification will also be valuable in this role.
- Basic knowledge or experience of cloud platforms and warehouses (GCP and AWS) and modern data stack tools, such as Airbyte, Airflow, dbt, BigQuery and Metabase will be appreciated.
- Experience of predictive modelling/forecasting also appreciated.
- Web scraping knowledge will be appreciated.
How do we keep you smiling?
As a significant member of the Watchfinder community, you are also part of a much bigger family at Richemont. We strongly believe in internal development, mobility and offering various opportunities to enhance both your personal and professional development. You will have the opportunity for your voice to be heard, drive change, and make a real impact from day one. This is a fast-growing company, going through an exciting period of change from a UK centric business to an international company. Giving you the opportunity to grow and gain further opportunities in the future.
Your Interview Journey
Our aim is to provide you a transparent interview process from the moment you apply for the role. It’s important for us that you get to know us to ensure the role aligns to your future career objectives.
We provide all candidates with open-door access to key people across the business so they can discuss opportunities, get a feel for our culture, and better understand how they can make an impact and be part of Watchfinder’s exciting trajectory.
Recognizing we are all different, if you need us to adapt the process, please get in touch via recruitment@Watchfinder.co.uk.
1st Stage – After your application has been selected, our Talent team will reach out to you within two weeks to conduct an introductory call.
2nd Stage – Video / in-person interview with the Data & Analytics Manager which will focus on your technical experience and prior project experience.
3rd Stage – Final stage with the Data & Analytics Manager which will include a case study to be submitted ahead of the interview.
- Demonstrating empathy and respect for the people around us, the work we do and the business we are part of.
- Finding new and innovative ways to adapt and improve the ways we operate and the service(s) we provide.
- Ensuring that the very highest standards are delivered across every facet of our business – internally and externally. Bringing excellence in everything we do, every time.