Job ID 21909
Sector Data Science
- Company pension
- Shuttle service provided
What You’ll Do
- Empower a team of econometricians from a range of levels, by helping to design a structured end to end project delivery process
- Build and improve the automated processes to speed up the provision, pipeline and processing of data from source to modelling solution
- Work with the advanced analytics team to provide tools including media optimisation, competitor and pricing insight to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and improve the internally built econometrics modelling platform to continue the expansion of the team’s capability
- Create a suite of dashboards to visualise the data that is collected as well showing a concise view of model outputs to be shared around the business
- Collaborate with wider consumer strategy colleagues to champion the reputation of the department across Sky.
- A numerate degree such as Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics, Maths or Statistics
- A passion for using advanced statistical techniques to convert observable data into actionable recommendations
- Self-motivation, an enthusiastic attitude, and the adaptability to work in a fast paced and dynamic commercial context
- Experience automating data processes and working with data engineers to ensure a timely end-to-end workflow
- Experience with Linear Regression, Python, SQL, version control through GitHub/GitLab and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience building data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., Tableau or similar BI solution)
- Desirable but not essential is experience of GCP/AWS and Bayesian Statistics
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.