Job ID 22154
Sector Data Science
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic-Digital Technologies is creating ambitious new products that bring connectivity, real-time guidance, and decision support to the operating room. To support this mission, we are developing compact, high-performance, embedded systems that enable edge computing and connectivity.
Working closely with other teams across Medtronic, we are creating a connected ecosystem and leveraging the state of the art in computer vision to provide the most comprehensive view of surgery. If you’re interested in using cutting-edge technology to improve the standard of care in surgery on a global scale, this could be the place for you.
A Day in the Life
As a Senior Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of data analysts and data scientists within the Surgical Operating Unit at Medtronic.
- Building advanced analytics and leading technical initiatives to shape the data culture within Medtronic.
- Guiding the team in using statistical and predicative methods to understand customer behaviour and product performance.
- Ensuring professional development of the team and advancing technical capabilities.
- MSc or PhD in a Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics (STEM) subject
- A solid grounding in Structured Query Language (SQL) with a good understanding of best practices in software engineering and data engineering
- Practical object-oriented programming experience in Python with knowledge of relevant packages including Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn
- In-depth knowledge of statistical and machine learning models
- Experience in writing clean and maintainable code for collaborative working and using code versioning tools
- Excellent communicator and experience with stakeholder management, comfortable talking with programmers, marketers, surgeons, business leaders, and everyone in-between
- Self–starter mindset, ability to proactively identify issues and opportunities for improvement
Experience of and ability to effectively use cloud native data science tooling
- Extensive experience with Tableau and data build tool (dbt) or similar tooling
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of data compliance including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Service Organization Control Type 2 (SOC2) compliance policies
- Previous experience managing teams of data analysts or data scientists
- Experience in integration of highly heterogeneous data streams (IoT data, customer interactions, product metrics).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
- Flexible working environment
- Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results
- Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurance
- Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Skills Lab
- Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
Our unwavering commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) means zero barriers to opportunity within Medtronic and a culture where all employees belong, are respected, and feel valued for who they are and the life experiences they contribute. We know equity starts beyond our workplace, and we must play a role in addressing systemic inequities in our communities if we hope to have long-term sustainable impact. Anchored in our Mission, we continue to drive ID&E forward both to enhance the well-being of Medtronic employees and to accelerate innovation that brings our lifesaving technologies to more people in more places around the world.
Bold thinking. Bolder actions. We are Medtronic.
We lead global healthcare technology and boldly attack the most challenging health problems facing humanity by searching out and finding solutions. Our Mission — to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life — unites a global team of 90,000+ passionate people. Powered by our diverse knowledge, insatiable curiosity, and desire to help all those who need it, we deliver innovative technologies that transform the lives of two people every second, every hour, every day. Expect more from us as we empower insight-driven care, experiences that put people first, and better outcomes for our world.
In everything we do, we are engineering the extraordinary.