Job ID 21349
Sector Data Engineering
We are currently looking Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Cloud team.
WHO ARE WE?
Privately owned and independently-minded, Creditsafe operates with the singular vision of powering business decisions. We do this by delivering valuable intelligence on customers, suppliers and potential buyers to corporates, public sector organisations and SMEs globally.
Our journey began in 1997 in Oslo, Norway in 1997, with a revolutionary dream to make business information accessible to all. Twenty-five years later, we’ve not only realised this dream, changed the market for the better, made data intelligence accessible to all businesses big and small but most importantly, opened up new avenues of data intelligence for businesses with machine learning, AI and connected data.
From risk management through to opportunity identification, our industry-leading solutions, power decisions for companies by turning their data into actionable insights that help them become stronger, grow faster and thrive.
- Career Progression: Clearly defined career progression path with opportunities to grow as a technical leader or move into adjacent roles.
- Learning & Development: Access to a plethora of learning resources and courses to perpetually enhance your skills, with weekly dedicated training and focus time.
- Work-Life Balance: Committed to promoting a balanced lifestyle with flexible working hours and hybrid work options.
- Innovation: Engage in exciting projects, harnessing the power of the latest technologies in cloud computing and data management.
- Our Technology Stack: Python, Linux, Airflow, AWS DynamoDB, S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift, lambda, API Gateway, Terraform, CI/CD
This opportunity is to join a team of highly technically skilled engineers who are redesigning Creditsafe’s data platform with high throughput and scalability as the primary goal. The data delivery platform is being built upon AWS Redshift and S3 cloud storage. The platform is expected to manage over a billion objects along with daily increments of more than 10 million objects while handling addition, deletion, and correction of our data and indexes in an auditable manner. Our data processing application is entirely based on Python and designed to efficiently transform incoming raw data volume into API consumable schema. The team is also building highly available and low latency APIs to enable our clients with faster data delivery.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will actively contribute to the codebase and participate in peer reviews.
- Design and build metadata driven, event based distributed data processing platform using technologies such as Python, Airflow, Redshift, DynamoDB, AWS Glue, S3.
- As an experienced Engineer, you will play a critical role in the design, development, and deployment of our business-critical system.
- You will be building and scaling Creditsafe’s data pipeline primarily moving data between Redshift and S3.
- Execute practices such as continuous integration and deployment using test-driven development where applicable to enable the rapid delivery of working pipelines.
- Understanding company & domain data to make recommendations to improve the existing product.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You understand and can implement data engineering best practices.
- You demonstrate the ability to write clean & efficient code and combine it with the cloud environment for best performance.
- You have a minimum 8 years of development experience within a commercial environment creating production grade data pipelines in python.
- You are looking to grow your skills through daily technical challenges and enjoy problem solving, whiteboarding in collaboration with team.
- You have excellent communication skills, and ability to explain your views clearly to the team and are open to understanding the views of others.
- You have a proven track record to draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work, and provide leadership on complex technology issues.
- Share your ideas collaboratively via wikis, discussions boards, etc and share any decisions made, for the benefit of others.
- Competitive Salary.
- Company Laptop supplied.
- Bonus Scheme.
- 25 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays).
- Hybrid working model.
- Healthcare & Company Pension.
- Cycle to work and Wellbeing Programme.
- Global Company gatherings and events.
- E-learning and excellent career progression opportunities.
- Plus more that can be found on the benefits section on the Careers page, https://careers.creditsafe.com/gb.
Creditsafe is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity. Please contact Creditsafe if there is any support you need with your application.