Job ID 21724
Sector Data Science
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) seeks a Data Scientist to join us on a permanent part-time (21-hours week) basis.
This is an exciting and varied role collaborating with different project teams from all around the RSC, for example by supporting our Publishing business, member community or teacher outreach programmes. You will play a key part in gathering market, customer and competitor intelligence to support strategic business decisions or product development. We are therefore looking for someone who is numerate, curious and ready to question patterns in data, and who has the communication skills to effectively share the insights we generate with our stakeholders.
As a Data Scientist for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will have expertise in machine learning and applied statistics, programming, and domain knowledge. The role is highly technical and hands-on and involves running projects to mine complex data sets to discover knowledge that is valuable to the business and requires a level of project management experience.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Conduct hands-on applied statistics, machine learning and data visualisation projects.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of users and stakeholders with different levels of statistical knowledge to
- Clearly and objectively communicate results, as well as their associated uncertainties and limitations.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, especially with a non-technical audience.
- Comprehensive expertise in data science, that is applied statistics, data visualisation and machine learning
- Skilled in R, including the Tidyverse, Shiny and commonly used statistical modelling/analysis techniques using and/or Python, including NumPy, SciPy and Pandas.
- Experience of using cloud computing for data science tasks, for example AWS or Azure
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we support development and offer excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date. Please see the Job Description here.