Job ID 21394
Sector Data Science
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
Who are we?
We are Motorpoint, the UK’s leading omnichannel car retailor of nearly new cars. We have ambitious plans to make car buying as easy as possible in whatever way our customers want. Online? We deliver. In store? We deliver. At home? We deliver (we literally do)
You will be joining Motorpoint during a very exciting time, as we are undergoing a massive digital transformation and are continuing to expand across the UK. This means you will have the opportunity to positively impact, build and influence the growth of the company.
We believe that by creating a fantastic place to work for our colleagues, we will create the best possible experience for our customers and that will fuel the growth of our amazing business and the careers and opportunities for our colleagues.
So if you want to work with an amazing group of people, who are fun, friendly and get stuff done and who bring our values to life – PROUD, HAPPY, HONEST, SUPPORTIVE – by working TOGETHER, than Motorpoint is the place to be and we are on a mission!
Location: Derby – Hybrid
As a data scientist for Motorpoint, you should be highly analytical with a background and experience in mathematics, statistics, and computer programming. Fluent with data science and data engineering methods – you bring data to life and action for the business and customers. Passionate about your field, you keep up to date with machine learning/AI developments and understand how such can benefit customers and business.
What will you be getting up to?
- Identify data sources and automate data collection using best practices
- Identify and automate data quality improvements using best practices
- Work with business stakeholders to solve business and customer problems using automation, machine learning
- Build dynamic and agile models using machine learning, mathematical frameworks
- Present actionable information with data visualization with needed integrations for production
- Communicate technical outputs and outcomes to both technical and non-technical audiences in an engaging and impactful way
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring solutions into production
What would we like from you?
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Data Analyst
- Experience in data modelling and mining
- Experience in mathematical/statistical modelling, machine learning
- Development experience using Python, SQL (Scala, Java would be great)
- Experience using business intelligence tools (PowerBI) and data platforms/frameworks (Snowflake)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Critical thinking, problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, storytelling
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, STEM field or significant experience in lieu of degree; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
- Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount of cars and finance options
- Cycle to work
- Quarterly Team nights out
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Long service awards
- Plus much more!