Job ID 21876
Sector Data Science
Who are we looking for?
You enjoy working on complex data problems whilst being able to suggest simple (yet effective) solutions. You are comfortable working with uncertainty and like to make things clearer. You’re passionate about technology and keep up as it evolves. You focus on the future and thrive most when solving problems. Client’s love working with you. You are honest and do things when you say you will, you also know how to explain things clearly and concisely. You can educate and inspire. You’ve got a background in data science, machine learning algorithms, data analytics, and data engineering along with their technologies. You’re equally comfortable presenting to clients, providing advice or building prototypes. You’re a collaborator and enjoy stepping out of your role from time to time, whether it’s to support your clients, colleagues or to learn something new.
What might you be doing?
- Working on client projects and providing subject matter expertise.
- Working in scrum-like environments for iterative and ‘fail-fast’ work and innovation.
- Understanding your clients’ business and technical needs and translating into data science problems.
- Managing stakeholder relationships appropriately.
- Solving problems using data science techniques and in a scientifically robust fashion.
- Identifying data sources that are relevant to client needs, and related data science concepts that leverage those sources to aid the client.
- Working with various forms of data (e.g., unstructured, semi-structured or structured; text, time-series or image) and suitably modelling them (e.g., table, key-value pair, graph) for efficient data science use.
- Investigating and analysing data to see ‘the wood from the trees’ and drilling down to the ‘whys’ of the data.
- Applying statistical and evidence-based techniques to inform insights and actions from the data.
- Communicating technical content at the right level both internally and to customers.
- Contributing to client presentations, using data science tooling and investigation, a ‘story’ of the data.
- Building maintainable code that use existing data science libraries, implement existing data science techniques, or implement novel techniques.
- Designing, evaluating, and implementing data science/machine learning techniques/algorithms (including providing relevant review and guidance on testing aspects, identification of risks and proposing/implementing their mitigations) in a variety of environments (including on-premise or cloud-based).
- Developing scalable models and algorithms that can be deployed into production environments.
- Applying ethical principles in handling data.
- Accurately delivering high quality work to agreed timelines and taking the initiative..
- Supporting client engagements, including pitches and presentations.
- Helping to support & grow Daintta by actively inputting into the company strategy and helping to shape our future.
- Representing us and our core values: transparent, fair and daring.
Sounds like something you’d enjoy? Here’s a bit more about you:
- You have 2+ years of degree level industry experience in data science.
- You have extensive degree level experience in a STEM subject.
- You have some experience of working in a consultancy, engineering, or data industry.
- You have worked in client delivery across a range of projects, including data science, data analytics, data engineering, data intelligence, data security and proven experience in relevant technologies (e.g., Python applied to data science).
- You have experience working on cloud-based infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- You have demonstrable continuous personal development.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You have experience with using CI/CD tooling to analyse, build, test and deploy your code and proven experience in their technologies.
- You appreciate a variety of database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL such as Elasticsearch and Graph databases).
- You understand coding best practices/design patterns with some experience in code and data versioning, dependency management, code quality and optimisation, error handling, logging, monitoring, validation and alerting.
Hybrid, with 2-3 days working from Daintta office or on client site as required.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to being rewarded fairly for your contribution to the business, you get to work in a dynamic organisation that is agile and responsive. A business that is growing fast and where you get to drive and shape the future. A place where you are respected by everyone and your voice is important. Somewhere where you can be innovative and creative. A place where you have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of business from marketing to sales, to delivery and business operations.
Time to tell you about us!
We are Daintta. We provide deep expertise with technical and business specialists to help clients and organisations secure and protect the UK. In complex environments, we use innovative methods to solve the hardest data challenges to help organisations make more informed and accurate decisions, at scale and faster. We are agile, responsive, independent, and collaborative while our values of Fair, Transparent and Daring guide all our decision making.
Due to the nature of this position, you must be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you must be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting