Job ID 21201
Sector Data Science
Are you passionate about using data science to business problems? Do you have experience leveraging data to unlock value and want to continue this journey?
Working within the data and analytics team you will work directly within our data science team to produce complex data science models to identify and deliver business value across a number of key business processes. We support all areas of the business ranging from space optimisation in stores to analysing reasons for poor product availability within our stores.
“Everything about Asda”
We are a values-led organisation. As such we, encourage everyone to be open and honest. We work creatively and collaboratively, valuing everyone’s input.
Our collaborative culture, the size of our business and our belief in the empowerment of the individual means opportunities at Asda are abundant.
We conduct £300m worth of transactions every week. Our website handles over 2 million transactions a month. We have more than 145,000 dedicated Asda colleagues ensuring that our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
“Everything you’ll love ”
- Hybrid and flexible working – everyone is looking for that work/life balance and Asda have it on point. Flexible working meaning you work where it works to meet both your needs and the business needs
- Discretionary bonus – Rewarding you for your hard work and efforts
- Car allowance – £5,700 car allowance / electric company car
- Company Pension Scheme matched to a limit – Looking forward to the future
- Minimum 24 days annual leave per year plus 8 bank holidays – Making sure you take time for your self and switch off
- Private medical – single, couple, family or single parent cover available
- 4 weekly pay – which means you get an extra payday a year
- Digital GP and Wellbeing sessions – Asda genuinely cares so we create a culture where our people can perform at their best, the physical health and mental wellbeing of all our people is very important to us
- Discount off your shopping at Asda and George – with extra discounts running throughout the year – really makes a difference, saving the colleagues an average of £700 a year
- Career development and apprenticeship and graduate schemes – we want our colleagues to excel and grow with our business. (Link to grad scheme on Asda page)
- Free city centre parking – you can also use it outside working hours
Plus much more!
“That’s more like it”
You will be part of a team within a diverse data function, as well as supporting activities across the wider organisation, requiring a strong team work ethic and a desire to develop working relationships.
In a hands-on leadership role, you’ll develop and build data products that combine multiple data sources (internal and external) and automate the production of forecasts and other predictive models.
As Asda moves through its digital and data transformation, you’ll be joining Asda at the right time. Leveraging data and analytics is a foundation to Asda’s transformation strategy and you would be at the very heart of this!
“Find your role”
- Lead data science projects, owning the project plan and ensuring clarity across its three key elements: the definition of the data science product, how it will be embedded in the business process, and the business experiment required to prove value.
- Direct and manage a team of data scientists, supporting their technical and personal development.
- Establish and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Manage data science projects according to agile principles, leading sprint planning and retrospectives, ensuring that tickets are well written, and that work is written up and documented appropriately.
- Direct the development of novel data science models.
- Direct the technical implementation and productionisation of end-to-end Machine Learning systems
- Establish and maintain data science and software development best practice through reviewing Pull Requests and carrying out code reviews.
- Provide thought- and technical-leadership in data science, developing the data science community at Asda by presenting work within/outside of Asda and contributing to corporate initiatives.
“Let’s find out about you”
- You’ll be able to demonstrate hands on experience in statistics, applied mathematics, data engineering and machine learning, and know how to apply these skills to successfully deliver projects within an agile framework.
- You will create clarity both upwards and downwards, ensuring that stakeholders are engaged and informed about project progress and risks, and that team members understand priorities and tasks through effective written documentation and other artefacts.
- You will have a large degree of freedom to frame the problem, identify and select solutions, and deliver the end product using an iterative, agile approach. With this freedom comes the responsibility to ensure that the project’s focus remains on improving business outcomes, that ambiguity is turned into action, and that stakeholders are kept engaged and updated.
If you have any questions, then please email Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
“Find your everything at Asda” – bringing brighter living within everyone’s reach.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities we serve, and are creating ways to inspire diverse talent to join Asda.