Job ID 21788
Sector Data Science
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What’s it all about?
As Data Science Director, you are leading our growing Data Science function in the advisory service Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) and are part of Visa’s global Data Science community. You are accountable for driving the blueprint, development and delivery of data driven strategies and solutions for Visa’s external clients in UK & Ireland cluster. In this role, you collaborate with management consultants, account executives, business development and other internal functions to support our clients’ with their most pressing issues and biggest opportunities. Your innovative and scalable solutions help drive our clients’ and Visa’s business performance as well as enhance payment experiences of millions of customers across the region.
What we expect day to day:
Are you an adept problem solver who applies both innovation and logic to solve complex problems? Would you like to leverage one of the largest payment behavioral data sets in the world to uplift everyone, everywhere? If so, this is what we are looking for you to do with us:
- Leading and growing the Data Science team and function within VCA in the UKI
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs and develop data-driven solutions.
- Develop and implement advanced analytical models to solve complex business problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and refine data science solutions.
- Present data-driven insights and recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and advancements in data science.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data science outputs.
- Mentor and guide data scientists and analysts.
- Manage resources and project timelines to ensure timely and successful project delivery.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience in a leadership role in data science or analytics: building and cultivating teams
- Strong experience with data science tools and programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL
- Experience with payments data is highly desirable
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex data-driven insights into understandable and actionable recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluency in English
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.