Job ID 21039
Sector Data Science
Data Science Jobs
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 29 November 2023
Start Date: October 2024
- Airlines are complex, everchanging and data rich, which means that the industry provides one of the most varied and interesting places for data and analytics professionals to work. Projects like tracking flight revenue against commercial targets, or measuring the impact on a change in fares, requires a creative approach identifying and exploiting value from current and new data sources, applying advanced analytical techniques and visualisations.
You will join the commercial team working with our team of analysts, who have exceptional technical skills and first-class business knowledge, using techniques from the fields of data science, data engineering and data visualisation. The commercial directorate sets the strategy and executes plans to deliver against our revenue and cost targets, while providing a positive customer experience; using analytical insights to ensure smarter decision-making across commercial.
Across the programme, you will study towards a BSc in Data Science with our chosen training provider NCH, embedding your new theoretical knowledge into the workplace. Following the completion of your Level 6 apprenticeship, you may be fast tracked for an interview as a permanent analyst within the commercial team.
We are looking for GCSEs in English and Maths at grade 9 -4 (A*- C) or equivalent. As well as hold or be predicted to hold 3 A Levels totalling a minimum of 128 UCAS points (equivalent to ABB), with a minimum grade of B at A Level Maths, or equivalent.
A practical thinker with a customer focus, you’ll need to be good with numbers and communicate with our colleagues in an engaging way.
What’s in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won’t be disappointed. Recently being ranked #8 in the Rate My Apprenticeship Top 100 Apprentice Employers, we can’t wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of the British Airways apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ ‘Flying Proud’ and ethnic minority colleague network Be ME
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
- Further information and next steps
We are delighted that you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one apprenticeship programme. We would recommend for you to read about each scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
- Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
- At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work. Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognise that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work.
Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 2nd October – 29th November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in January 2024
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre in February or March 2024