Job ID 21385
Sector Data Analytics
Hungry for a challenge?
That’s good, because at Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET) we have abundant opportunity or as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners in countries across the globe.
Our mission? To empower every food moment around the world, whether it’s through customer service, coding or couriers.
As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll be responsible for…
- Designing and implementing datasets using ETL pipelines written in SQL that can be used by the team for various purposes such as training models or evaluating feature performance. These will need to be quality assured, well documented and with sufficient observability for anomaly detection in the underlying data. To build these datasets, it may be necessary to collect requirements from product, engineering or data science.
- Contributing to the definition of product features based on your knowledge of the data points that will power them.
Your Profile & Experience
- Experience with SQL, including an understanding of how to improve the efficiency of SQL queries.
- Experience of working with and analysing data. Can plot distributions, describe qualities of data sets. You are statistically or mathematically mindful.
- Have some experience dealing with data quality and how to handle missing values. Able to think holistically and can make informed decisions based on the domain.
- Able to collaborate effectively with product, IT stakeholders and other colleagues. Being able to navigate the business to uncover data related issues will require strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You’ll have an advantage if you have experience of…
- Experience of web and app tracking implementations on customer-facing or ecommerce applications
- Has some understanding of Cloud Services (Amazon Web Services or similar e.g Azure, Google Cloud) and event-driven architecture.
We do not expect every applicant to have a background in analytics or BI engineering. A candidate with a role as a data analyst or a data engineer with heavy experience of SQL would fit the role well.
At JET, this is on the menu:
Our teams forge connections internally and work with some of the best-known brands on the planet, giving us truly international impact in a dynamic environment.
Fun, fast-paced and supportive, the JET culture is about movement, growth and about celebrating every aspect of our JETers. Thanks to them we stay one step ahead of the competition.
Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colorful selves to work every day.
What else is cooking?
Want to know more about our JETers, culture or company? Have a look at our career site where you can find people’s stories, blogs, podcasts and more JET morsels.
Are you ready to take your seat? Apply now!